Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bus tales part three: Freedom Reigns

So in the first parts of this blog, I talked about two different women, completely different cultures coming from thousands of miles apart who had suffered at a young age the same plight in life.  Having to flee from another country to come to our country.  Let me say right now this is not a political statement.  This is a story of women overcoming and surviving traumatic things that most people have never had to encounter.  We don't really understand the trauma these events can bring to a young life. 
The similarities of their stories are fleeing in terror, being alone and having to face things that no child should have to face. 
I want to discuss the differences of these women.  The one woman from Korea, although educated and successful had no joy, there was an aura of dispair around her and she had no hope.  On the outside, all put together and on the inside, a little scared child not knowing how to heal the hurts.  The other woman, young hispanic girl, animated with joy and laughter and peace because she knows the true God and the value she has to the world because no matter what has happened in her life she is living proof that God exists. 

No one has asked me in a long time how I know God exists, I believe the times are changing and people know in their hearts that there is something more and they are hungry for His love.  No matter what your political views are, the bottom line is, we are to love one another.

What does God say about us?
Psalms 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  
This is for every single human being on the face of the earth, not just those of you who know the truth, so I challenge you, the next time you encounter someone remember they have the same rights as a child of God as you do, they just don't know it yet.  
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
 So go forth!!!!! Share your faith, share your joy, give it away freely.  Be Bold!!!!!! Let's go out and let the world know of the tremendous gift God has for them:  TRUE FREEDOM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara! I really enjoyed reading all three of your bus stories. Now you've got me thinking perhaps I should start taking bus rides around town, in fact, I talked to Tom about that a couple weeks ago. Hmmmm...... Thanks for sharing your inspirational stories with us--it's always a blessing when people still have the joy of the Lord during hard times--that's the best time for it! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete