Sunday, June 9, 2013

What's in your gas tank?

This morning as I was getting ready for church the thought came to me that my life is the vehicle that will take me from birth to eternal life.  What I put into it will determine the quality of the ride and force of impact I have on people around me.

My first car was a Pontiac GTO, yes, really, my Dad and I have always had an extreme love and respect for automobiles. 

If I fill my gas tank with fear, apprehension, guilt, shame, greed or unforgiveness, my vehicle is going to sputter and it will crank hard and be slow going on this long journey.

So I choose to fill my tank with unconditional love for others and faith which will make the vehicle purr and run smoothly.

If I really want to have the utmost ride in this life I will also fill it with God's glory, sending me into supercharged speed moving forward like the "Fast and Furious".

What's in your tank?

ILA app for mobile phones

No comments:

Post a Comment