Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11

  
Annual Tribute in Light tested in New York's Lower Manhattan as a man takes a picture at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey, September 9, 2013.
 
  Today is a day of remembering the horrific tragedy that our country suffered. Everyone is asking "where were you when the towers fell?"  Anyone that was at any age of understanding can recall exactly where they were and the emotions they felt. Feelings of total shock, vulnerability, fear, anxiety, even panic were running high on our emotions meter.
     I was working in a call center for an unemployment office and many people called in with questions on their claims just to turn the conversation into "Did you hear what happen?" and everyone wanted to be consoled and know they were not alone in the things they were feeling.  I remember some of the people in the office were terrified and thinking the world was going to end. I did my best to show my faith and my hope in the Lord and I was reminded by my Heavenly Father that there is nothing in this world that happens that can affect who I am in Him.  Physical circumstances do not dictate my destiny.  Only God alone determines my destiny and no matter how dire the situation surrounding me, God is with me and has equipped me with all the weapons and tools that I need to overcome anything.  Even if the body is destroyed, I will live on in eternity worshiping at the foot of the Throne with everyone that has gone before me.  There is a peace and a calmness that comes over me in the midst of tragedy that can only come from my Father who loves me more than anything or anyone could on this earth.  That doesn't mean I don't feel the emotions, but I have learned to not dwell on them, they are meaningless and change constantly and cannot be relied on as a source of truth in my life. 
     I challenge you today to not look at the past through your emotions and seek to find the miracles that came out of the rubbish and the terror.  So many stories of heroic people, God miraculously rescuing people, a renewed pride in being an American, and most of all people coming together to protect and help their fellow man. 

1 Corinthians 16:13  Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
 
1 Peter 5:9  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 
Psalms 56:11 In God I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me?
 
Go out and be a blessing to someone today.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment