Monday, April 13, 2015

What comes out of your mouth?

     This weekend was a wonderful time of revelation for me. I am going to be vulnerable and wear my heart on my sleeve and share a very personal story.  Many, many years ago there was situation that happened to me that left me feeling betrayed and separated from the very things that held my heart. God was always the foremost go to source when situations came about but this situation made me feel like Joseph and so alone. The first few years I confess, I made many bad choices because of this one situation out of hurt and trying to survive and although God was right there with me and I felt him, I really didn’t completely surrender and allow Him to show me the path I was to take. I struggled with forgiveness and eventually was able to come to grips with forgiving and making peace and moving on from the situation. But the one thing that always haunted me was I did not know why the whole thing happened in the first place. It left a little hole in me that no matter how strong and even when I got back on the right path with God, it was always there.  This past weekend I was able to have a simple two minute conversation and the source of my grief for that past many years was revealed. God is always faithful and I know we are not to dwell on “why” but sometimes for healing we need to know the source.  So my point is after this conversation it struck me how destructive the enemy is in using lies. A simple lie, a simple misunderstanding and boom! my life was completely turned around in one day.  The Revelation was that the secret of the lie continued to build and build and if the person involved would have just come to me and asked me about the situation all would have been resolved and the enemy couldn’t have had a field day causing destruction for MANY years in my life. So my advice is this.

Matthew 22-26  The Message Bible
 “You’re familiar with the command to the ancients, ‘Do not murder.’ I’m telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother ‘idiot!’ and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell ‘stupid!’ at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.
“This is how I want you to conduct yourself in these matters. If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God.  “Or say you’re out on the street and an old enemy accosts you. Don’t lose a minute. Make the first move; make things right with him. After all, if you leave the first move to him, knowing his track record, you’re likely to end up in court, maybe even jail. If that happens, you won’t get out without a stiff fine.

Other thoughts to read from The Amplified Bible


A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.

 

You shall not go up and down as a dispenser of gossip and scandal among your people, nor shall you [secure yourself by false testimony or by silence and] endanger the life of your neighbor. I am the Lord.

And when one comes to see me, he speaks falsehood and empty words, while his heart gathers mischievous gossip [against me]; when he goes away, he tells it abroad.

Moreover, as they go about from house to house, they learn to be idlers, and not only idlers, but gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not say and talking of things they should not mention.



No comments:

Post a Comment